Welcome to Amite County Medical Services, Inc. (ACMS). Thank you for choosing ACMS for your medical services. It is the goal of ACMS that we can become partners with you in helping to keep you as healthy as possible, no matter what your current state of health is.
Your commitment to our patient-centered medical home clinic will provide you with an expanded type of care. We will work with both you and other health care providers as a team to take care of you. You will also have better access to our providers through phone and the secure ACMS patient portal.
As your primary care provider we will:
- Learn about you, your family, life, situation, and health goals and preferences. Each time you seek care we will have your health history in our records and will make suggestions for treatments that make sense to you.
- We will manage your health care by taking care of short term illness, long term chronic disease, and all your wellness visits as well.
- We will pledge to connect you with other members of your care team (specialists, hospitals, and other health professionals) and coordinate your care with them as your health care needs may require.
- We will be available to you after hours for your urgent needs.
- We will notify you of test results in a timely manner.
- Communication will be clear and concise to you so you can understand your condition and all your options. We will assist you in making the best decisions for your care. ACMS will respond promptly to you in a way that you understand.
- We will have information about classes, support groups, or other services that you you may want to access that can help you learn more about your condition and will also help you to stay healthy.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
- Know that you are a full partner in your care.
- Come to each visit prepared to provide updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you are using and any questions you may have.
- Let us know when you see other health care providers so we can be a partner in your care.
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible so that we may give that time to someone else.
- Ask questions about your care so you will understand your health condition. Please let us know when you don’t understand something.
- Learn about your condition(s) and what you will need to do to stay as healthy as possible.
- Follow the plan that, together, we have agreed is best for your health.
- Take medications as prescribed.
- If we have not notified you of your test results within 2 weeks, please call.
- Contact us after hours only if your problem cannot wait until the next day.
- If possible, please contact ACMS before going to the Emergency Room so someone who knows your medical history can care for you.
- Agree that all health care providers in your care team will receive all information related to your health care.
- Know your health insurance coverage and contact ACMS or your insurance carrier if you have questions about your benefits.
- Pay your share of the fees you incur as a patient of ACMS.
- Provide feedback to ACMS so we can improve our care for you.
PATIENT CHECKLIST - BEFORE APPOINTMENT
A patient centered medical home, Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH), is an approach to providing total health care for you. We, at Amite County Medical Services, Inc., (ACMS), are committed to providing a care team to support you, helping you make the best decisions for your health. Here is a checklist which will help you get ready for your appointment and will allow you to have all your questions answered during your visit with your provider.
1. Make a list of any questions you may have about your health. Start with the most important.
2. Make a list of other health care providers that you have visited and the reason you visited them. Contact information will also be helpful.
3. Bring all your medications, in their original containers, to your appointment. This should include your prescriptions, over the counter meds, natural and herbal medications, and other dietary supplements you may be taking.
4. Please bring your insurance cards and other insurance information you may have.